3 Digital Marketing Strategies That Work Like Crazy
3 Digital Marketing Strategies That Work Like Crazy
You need to master digital marketing if you want to grow your business in 2021.
That’s why today we are going to discuss three digital marketing strategies that work like crazy.
These are proven methods that have helped various online entrepreneurs reach 7 figures in annual revenue and then go beyond that.
Ready to do the same?
Strategy #2: Build a Popular Blog
Once you have a sales funnel set up, you need to start driving traffic to it.
You might want to consider making search engine optimization (SEO) the foundation of your long-term traffic generation strategy by building a popular blog.
It all boils down to three things:
- Creating SEO content.
- Building backlinks to that SEO content.
- Optimizing your website for lead generation.
Note that you shouldn’t expect immediate results because it takes times time for content to rank on the first page of Google.
Be prepared to invest 12-24 months into building your blog before it starts paying off.
Now let’s take a look at each of the previously mentioned steps…
Step #1: Create SEO Content
SEO content is content that is designed to rank on the first page of Google’s search results for a particular keyword.
Here’s the process of creating a piece of such content:
- Do keyword analysis to identify a promising keyword.
- Do competitor analysis to see what’s already ranking for that keyword.
- Figure out how you can create an article that is better than what is already ranking for that keyword.
- Either write the article yourself or outsource it to a freelance writer (you can find one on ProBlogger Job Board).
- Publish the article on your blog.
Arguably, the most challenging part of this process is picking the right keyword, which is why you might want to watch this keyword research tutorial from Ahrefs:
Step #2: Build Backlinks to That SEO Content
Publishing high-quality SEO content that is better than anything that is already out there is not enough.
You also need to build backlinks to that content. But how can you do that?
Here are the top three link building strategies:
Guest posting means writing a free article for another website in exchange for links to your website.
The exact number of backlinks you get depends on the website but you should get at least one in your byline.
You might also be allowed to include a few links to your content in the article itself if they make sense in that context.
Guest posting is the most straightforward way to build links, so start reaching out to popular websites in your niche and pitching them guest posts.
Just know that not all backlinks are made equal. The higher the domain authority (DA) or the domain rating (DR) of a website, the more valuable a backlink from it will be.
You can find out the DR of any given website with Ahref’s free Website Authority Checker tool.
“Link Magnet” Content
You can also build backlinks to your website by creating “link magnet” content that is designed to attract backlinks.
Here are the three types of content that work well for this:
- Original research. Recent statistics tend to be in short supply because they are expensive to produce. This means that if you conduct original research and publish the results, that page is likely to attract backlinks from people who quote that data in their own content.
- Case studies. The web is full of rehashed content written by people who haven’t done whatever it is they are writing about. That’s why case studies are so captivating. An interesting piece that tells the story of how you accomplished something is likely to attract backlinks. The more data you share, the better.
- Custom images. Writers often use images that they found on Google, then provide attribution by linking to their sources. That’s why producing custom images that illustrate specific concepts well can help you attract backlinks. And it doesn’t have to be expensive. Companies like Design Pickle accept unlimited graphic design requests for a flat monthly fee. This can enable you to produce a ton of custom images without breaking the bank.
Broken Link Building
The aim of broken link building is to replace broken links on the target website with links to your content.
Here’s how it works:
- You identify broken links on a particular website. You can use tools like Check My Links for this.
- You reach out to whoever is managing the content on that website and let them know about those broken links.
- You offer a link to your content as a replacement for one of the broken links.
Here’s a sample broken link building email:
Want to learn more about broken link building?
Check out Brian Dean’s comprehensive guide:
“Broken Link Building: The Complete Guide”(Backlinko)
Step #3: Optimize Your Website for Lead Generation
When a potential customer arrives on your website, you should direct them towards your lead magnet.
Here are three simple ways to do that:
- Have a feature box on your homepage. A feature box is an opt-in form that is displayed at the top of your homepage. It should be the first thing that the potential customer sees.
For example, Matthew Hussey, a world-renowned dating coach, uses this feature box on his homepage:
- Add an opt-in form at the end of each post. What could be a better time to pitch your lead magnet than when the potential customer has just finished reading your blog post? You can take advantage of this opportunity by promoting it at the bottom of your posts.
For example, Matthew Hussey encourages his blog readers to get his free “9 Texts No Man Can Resist” guide at the bottom of his blog posts:
- Use exit-intent pop-ups. When the potential customer has decided to leave your website, you should make one last attempt at persuading them to download your lead magnet. You don’t have anything to lose at this point. Who knows, maybe it will work?
For example, online marketing expert and popular blogger Derek Halpern uses this exit-intent pop-up on his website:
Want to learn more about optimizing your website for lead generation?
Read our comprehensive guide on this subject:
Strategy #3: Build a Popular YouTube Channel
YouTube is the most popular video hosting platform in the world that has over 2.2 billion users.
You can tap into that vast user base by building a popular YouTube channel, then use that channel to drive traffic to your lead magnet landing page.
Here are some tips:
- Invest in professional channel art. You want to make it clear what your channel is all about and come across as an expert.
- Add a link to your lead magnet to your channel’s homepage. You can also use arrows and text in your channel art to draw people’s attention to it.
Take a look at how social media expert and business coach Vanessa Lau does it:
- Target a popular keyword with each video. You can uncover them by typing a relevant search term into YouTube’s search bar and looking at the search suggestions. These are the popular keywords that you should go after.
- Invest in thumbnail design. You want to use consistent branding for all your thumbnails so that your subscribers would immediately recognize your videos on their homepages, subscription feeds, and recommendations.
Check out Brian Dean’s thumbnail design:
- Promote your lead magnet in your videos. Mention your lead magnet in your videos where it’s relevant to the topic at hand and end each video with a call to action to download it.
You might want to consider creating several lead magnets so that you could pick the most relevant one to promote in each video.
Also, note that there’s a huge difference between a personal YouTube channel and a business YouTube channel, so make sure to keep it professional on the latter.
No e-drama, no rambling on controversial topics, no personal life updates. Stay on topic. Offer solutions to the problems that your potential customer are struggling with.
awaken your business with daring marketing
New Wave Strategic Marketing is a full service marketing agency born and raised in Calgary, Alberta. We are no strangers to drive and ambition, and we are especially passionate about helping our clients reach their digital marketing goals. Driven by our belief that new media and technologies is constantly on the move, changing the way average consumers think, purchase, and choose who they will go to for services. In this age of distraction, our focus is to ignite your organization’s potential, reach your business goals, and to create a loyal community surrounding your brand.
Ask us about advertising for your business!